Brick Installation for Living Wall Planters
That’s right, it’s basically fall, and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with an accent wall of bright yellow mums.
We get asked a lot here at Woolly HQ if you can install our Living Wall Planters on brick, and the answer is simply, YES! However, there are a few adjustments that need to be made in comparison to a drywall installation.
Here is a step-by-step guide on installing on brick:
1. Identify the wall in which you’d like to install your Living Wall Planters. Lay out your grid; Mums are not a flexible plant (like a pothos or philodendron), so you’ll want to account from this when deciding on space. The grid pictured is about 14″ wide by 13″ tall.
2. We advise laying out your grid on the grout between the brick, as opposed the brick itself. Bricks are extremely delicate and crack easily. Repairing a brick is also not easy, so go for the grout where you have a bit more room for error.
3. Once your grid is laid out, drill a 1/2″ hole with a 1/4″ drill bit. This substrate will require a high-powered drill and additional force (in comparison to a softer substrate).
4. Fill the hole with DAP Clear Sealant and insert ribbed anchor (included in purchase) until flush with the wall. We recommend sealing the anchor with additional DAP once fully inserted.
5. If grout is not flush with brick (as pictured), you will need to purchase additional hardware. Included in your purchase are #8 1 1/4″ screws; pictured below are #8 1 1/2″ screws. Screws must have a flat head; round head screws will compromise the structure of the Living Wall Planter basket. (pictured right: 1 1/4″, pictured left: 1 1/2″)
6. Using a screwdriver, mount your Living Wall Planter brackets.
7. Mount your living wall planter to test the alignment.
8. Lastly, plant and hang accordingly!